These pancakes are:
- Heaven in your mouth
- Taste like candy (says my dad)
- Whole food plant based
- Gluten Free
- High carb low fat
- Whole starch low fat
- Fat free/oil free
- Whole grain
- Free from refined sugar (depending on the type of chocolate chips/dark chocolate you use, you can also choose to omit them entirely)
- Diabetic friendly (using the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine and Dr. Neal Barnard’s recommendations for diabetics)
- Weight loss friendly
– 2 cups Good Karma Unsweetened Flax Milk
– 3 cups instant oats (I used whole grain, but you don’t have to)
– 2 ripe spotty bananas (Make sure the bananas you use are SPOTTY! Green/yellow bananas are NOT ripe. If you use green/yellow bananas, you won’t get the most nutrition and they also won’t be very sweet.)
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– a splash of vanilla extract
– oil free/dairy free chocolate chips (I used the sprouts brand, but I also like the enjoy life brand.)
Example of what your bananas should look like:
(Photo credit: The Baking Explorer)
The possibilities for toppings is endless! You can also top it with chia seeds, flax seeds, coconut flakes, banana, other berries, peanut butter, PB2, cinnamon, and so much more.
– Add all ingredients into a high speed blender EXCEPT for the chocolate chips, and blend.
– Add the chocolate chips and mix by hand, or pulse in the blender.
– Cook on medium heat using a non-stick pan
This recipe makes roughly 8 pancakes (depending on how big or small you like them.)
Check out this recipe on YouTube and enjoy!