No really. This is my best friend’s recipe. So that’s what I’m calling it. And its delicious.
You can can follow her on instagram here.
This chili is good paired with rice, topped with hummus, with corn bread on the side, or even on TACOS! You can watch the recipe here.
Please enjoy looking at all the beautiful ways one can enjoy this chili….
- 1 lb of red kidney beans (soaked over night)
- 1/3 cup mild picante sauce
- 1/4 cup cumin (yes, 1/4 cup.. you read that correctly)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/8 cup chili powder
- 1-2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- a DASH of cayenne
- 5 cups of water
- Soak the kidney beans over night (if you put this in the crock-pot in the morning, it’ll be ready by dinner time)
- Throw all of the ingredients into your crock-pot, and stir.
- Cook on high for 10 hours (stirring occasionally, and make sure to taste it as it thickens up as you may need to add more spices to taste.)
- Cook on low for 4 more hours (or, until you get your desired consistency. I prefer this recipe to be thick like refried beans.)
Tag my bestfriend @courtneywehrle if you make this recipe!
Also, don’t forget to tag @whatrabbisteat or use the hashtag #whatrabbitseat!